We’re still catching up and feeling motivated after an action-packed 2 days in Plano, TX!
This year’s summer event took place from June 25-26, 2018 at the Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center. The Total Security Summit was co-hosted with the Safety Forum and Facilities Management Forum; the delegate executives in attendance came from leading companies and organizations across the country including Abbvie, American Girl, Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire, Freeman, Harbor Pipe & Steel, Novartis, Office Depot, Starbucks and more.
Following the opening reception and dinner on Sunday Night, Monday morning kicked off with our one-on-one meetings, the heart of our Forum Events program. There were 27 solution providers at the joint event to meet face-to-face with executives to discuss the latest technology and services to help delegates meet business demands. Based on the feedback we’ve received, we can say that these meetings were very successful, both for the delegates and solutions providers. Here’s is just a small sample of some of the testimonials we’ve already received:
- “I enjoyed the dedicated one-on-one time with vendors. It allowed me and my colleague to get to know the vendor and products without the pressure a hard sell.” – Corporate Director, BCP-Security at Freeman
- “This was my first time at a Forum Event and I thought it was great and well organized.” – Facilities Manager with Zaxby’s
- “This was our first time to a BLR Forum Event; I guarantee you that it won’t be our last! This format was so much more focused on our interests and needs and was extremely productive for us compared to the strict exhibition/expo style conference…Kudos to the Forum Event team for an outstanding, enjoyable event (Casino night was the greatest!)” – CEO of AlgEternal Technologies, Inc.
- Great information, networking, and vendor discussions!! – Director of Corporate Security & Communications with AbbVie
- “Great opportunity to meet with colleagues and have designated face to face meetings with sourced vendors that is highly tailored and valuable to your company’s specific needs.” – Corporate HSE Manager at Republic Plastics
- “Great event – well planned and organized. Immense opportunity to network with peers and the workshops were informative and thought provoking. The ability to select and have designated time with vendors was extremely productive. My first time attending, and I would attend again as well as recommend to colleagues.” – Safety and Worker’s Compensation Specialist at DAVACO, Inc.
The solution providers also had some great things to say about the event:
- “Great ROI at every event. Wish I’d know about Summit/Forum many years ago.” – Representative from LifeSafety Power
- “Great event with delegates that were interested. Doing a presentation at the event there helped us better connect with buyers.” – Representative from Delta Controls
- “I thought the summit was beneficial to our organization and we have an opportunity to get new business from our meetings. The staff was very friendly, cooperative, and personally involved in the activities.” – Business Development Manager with Bulwark Protective Apparel
- “This was our first attendance at Summit/Forum. The Forum Events team created a very comfortable atmosphere, well-coordinated and professional. I would plan on attending this event once a year and recommend it to all vendors.” – Director of Business Development with Camelot Commercial Management
In addition to the one-on-one meetings, there were 16 security, safety, and facilities management workshop sessions running throughout the 2-day event. The security talks were wide-ranging and informative. Some of the standouts include: Terry Gold of D6 Research discussed the current state of mobile access control technology and the benefits of incorporating cybersecurity best practices into physical security programs; Kent Nelson from Detex outlined updated security solutions for exit devices and alarms; Tommy Poynter from Delta Controls presented solutions for incorporating automation systems; we learned about appropriate responses to active shooter situations from security expert Greg Shaffer; and the CSO of Everbridge, Tracy Reinhold, walked us through how building relationships with other executives can make security officers more effective in their roles.
Beyond all the meetings and workshops, there were plenty of opportunities for networking and fun. The 3 catered meals and cocktail receptions each day provided a great opportunity to continue conversations with vendors, connect with other delegates, or simply meet new people. The casino night, a staple at Forum Events, gave everyone a chance to relax and have some fun. Oh, and win prizes! Derek Pinnock of Freeman came in first place and walked away with a $250 gift card from Marriott! Runner-up, and winner of a $100 Marriott gift card was Mike Bosslett of Pioneer Properties, LLC.
If you missed out on this particular Total Security Summit, never fear. The next security Forum Event is going to be held in Boston on November 12-13, 2018. While there’s plenty of time to register, if you are a manager, director, or executive with a project in the pipeline that you need solutions for, the event will be a great opportunity meet directly with providers. Get more information at the Forum Event webpage.
Hope to see you there!